Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Why modify something if you don't have to?

 You know, one way to make modest clothes in any color and in the right size is to sew from a sewing pattern. If you wait for a good sale, they only cost $1-2 and the variety of styles is amazing. I really like them because I can make my clothes fit me right, while store bought ones will often fit rather akwardly as I obviously am not who they had in mind when they designed them :) Here I had a McCalls pattern (6346), which have very nice, very detailed instructions! See, all you had to do was sew the gathered top - the bottom half was only two pieces, so very easy.


The only modifications I made to the pattern was gathering the neckline a little tighter than the pattern called for because I didn't like how low the back was and I added a ribbon tie because I thought it would look cuter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment